Here are some random things about me:
- I am currently self-employed and have been since April 2002. Before that I used to work for Arsdigita.
- He doesn’t like talking about himself in the third person (he really doesn’t!).
- I have one brother who is 3 years younger than myself.
- I’m into yoga. I do a couple of sessions a week. I did weightlifting before that for about 7 years before I screwed my back up; that’s how I got into yoga.
- I hate the term “Web 2.0”. It’s meaningless. You don’t release versions of the web!
- I spend far too much time, and money, in coffee shops – I wrote the initial version of this list in a coffee shop. One day I am going to open my own coffee shop. I’ll save a fortune and I might even get a decent cup of coffee, something which is hard to get anywhere.
- I like Java (sort of). I like LISP too.
- I like Mac OS X and I own a MacBook Pro. I don’t like Windows.
- I’m indecisive. (Well, I think I am.)
- I speak Spanish. Over the course of the last few years I have spent several months in both Granada, Madrid, and Marbella.
- I am currently learning Italian.
- I like to read. Most of what I read is non-fiction. I like reading books about travelling and programming, but not books about travellers that program. On the fiction side I’ve read most of Ernest Hemingway’s books. That’s about it really.
- I have been to 18 different countries.
- I enjoy writing.
One of my goals is to write a book. I don’t know what about. Something either related to what I do for a living, e.g. programming, or a travel book in the style of Paul Theroux.
I’ll update this page from time to time with more random stuff as and when it comes to me.